Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Outside the Box

Recently I found myself in a conversation with another blogger discussing how we describe our personal style. In that moment I found myself in one of those "ahhh I don't know how to answer this question" limbos. 

This conversation really got me thinking, you know those moments when you play fake scenarios in your head? Yeah, one of those kind of thinking moments. Which has led me to word vomit all over this post.

If I'm asked what my style is, I honestly don't have a specific style. That seems so weird to you I'm sure, considering here you are, reading my fashion blog.

Here's how I can best describe that "what's your style" question...
I don't like to put myself inside a box, or fit into a category...this goes with anything. I follow what the trends are, but I don't necessarily wear them because they're "trendy". I'm a huge advocate of dressing for yourself and what fits your body type. If I love a shirt and want it oversize, I don't think twice about buying an XL. I will splurge on a piece, but thrift stores are rad to me too. I like things in unexpected ways. Men's/Boy's clothes, I definitely don't shy away from either. Basically, I'm a little all over the place, but I think that's what makes my style what it is. So, if someone asks me what my style is? I would say, "outside the box".

And, outside the box is definitely what this outfit is. But, that's who I am.

I'm such a sucker for weird, odd, unique things. Which meant these shoes hit my cart before you could even say "shoes". I knew I wanted to style them uniquely too, and this outfit just seemed to flow in a weird, edgy way. This jacket (the embroidered detail!!) went right into my cart too. 

I also want to touch on this shoot...one of my favorites to date! I had the opportunity to work with not one, but two amazing local photographers. Lets face it, getting your photo taken is awwwkward! I will be honest, through blogging it doesn't bother me much anymore. For most though, it's an odd and uncomfortable feeling. But, these two, hilarious dudes! There wasn't a weird moment, and the shoot was full of jokes and laughter. Look for more of their work coming to the blog, and hit them up if you're looking for a photographer. 

Photo creds to Bobby Perez & Mike Hess! 

BOBBY::: IG @bpstreetphotography and Check out Bobby's Site Here  

MIKE::: IG @mikehessphotography and Check out Mike's site here

The following images were taken by Mike Hess Photography



 






The following images were taken by BP Street Photography





 
 




WiW:
Jacket: Target - old (SimilarLOVE THIS ONE!!)
Tee : pretty b
Watch: Michael Kors
Athletic Pants: Sold out ( Shop similar here)
Shoes: Zara

Thanks for reading, and the continued support!
Much love,
xxW



No comments:

Post a Comment