Thursday, December 29, 2016

Saying Goodbye to 2016

Trying to fall asleep knowing I need to get up early, I roll to the other side of my bed pulling at the blanket. Sighing with relief, I was finally comfortable. In that instant I look around, there's peace in the darkness that surrounds me. I close my eyes finding comfort in knowing how much my life has changed over the course of 2016. Reflecting on the year, I slowly drift to sleep, knowing tomorrow, next month, and next year are going to be nothing less than amazing. Ultimately, that's what we all deserve.

It seems as though no matter who we begin to discuss 2016 with...it was a year full of lessons and change. 

Can we all take a moment and pat ourselves on the back? 

Life can be tough, and completely ironic. We have to go through the bad to appreciate the good. We require failure to understand success. And, sadness to know the feeling of happiness. But, isn't this what life's journey is all about?

Reflect for a moment on all that you've accomplished in the last year and every thing leading up to now...this current moment; good, bad, success, failure. It's pretty incredible that if one of those moments (or things) didn't happen, you wouldn't be you..in this moment. Breathing. Alive. 

Waking up the next morning, I feel refreshed. I check my phone seeing it's 5:30 am, I sprawl out on my bed. Scrolling through unopened messages, I find myself laughing, realizing I'm right where I'm supposed to be. Breathing. Alive. Happy ...genuinely happy! 















WiW Hers:
Skirt: Old (SimilarSimilar)
Leather Jacket: Guess-Old (Love this oneSimilarSimilar)
Watch
Shoes : Bebe - no longer available (SimilarSimilarSimilar)

Wiw His:
Watch
Attire

Special thanks to Jake for modeling in this post!

And to you, 2017, we welcome you... with a kiss! We know you have great things awaiting us.

Cheers!

Much love!
xxW & Mxx


No comments:

Post a Comment